Calliope members are guided by a rigorous code of ethics as well as by a commitment to sustainable practices.
Each of our members is committed to:
- Gaining a 360° understanding of clients’ needs
- Advising on best practices for optimal communication
- Providing a highly effective one-stop service
- Upholding Calliope’s high professional and quality standards
- Delivering interpretation services seamlessly
The interpreters assigned to client events are:
- Experienced professionals with proven track records
- Thoroughly prepared prior to each meeting
- Chosen for linguistic match (working into their mother tongues)
- Bound by strict professional secrecy
- Selected and managed centrally by Calliope members
Our Environmental Commitment
Actions to reduce our carbon footprint include taking public transport, limiting the use of paper products and using digital communications as much as possible.
To that end we have adopted an Environment Charter in which we undertake to promote greater awareness of environmental issues among our partners (interpreters, equipment suppliers and clients). When our clients require languages that we cannot source locally, and we have to recruit interpreters from further afield, we calculate and publish the resulting emissions. In 2018, we unanimously decided to offset our carbon footprint by making an annual contribution to an association working to protect the environment. We believe that this is part of our duty as responsible citizens of the world.
Calliope also contributes to the preservation of cultural diversity by helping individuals from different cultures communicate and work together effectively.
Calliope and all of our members are proud to belong to the International Association of Conference Interpreters (AIIC), which governs the conference interpretation profession and establishes its code of ethics.