The Franco-German Office for the Energy Transition (DFBEW/OFATE) is an information-sharing and networking platform for all those involved in the energy transition in Germany and France. It organises events to compare the state of play in both countries in fields such as wind energy, solar energy, electricity grids, maintenance, repowering, financing and acceptance. For 10 years my teams of interpreters have been enabling the experts to exchange ideas, thus making their own modest contribution to the energy transition. When the Covid-19 pandemic made in-person meetings impossible, the DFBEW/OFATE was very quick to react by moving its conferences onto the Zoom videoconferencing platform, a decision which was welcomed by its members. A hub in Berlin was hired for the interpreters, facilitating teamwork.
A Few Noteworthy Projects
- Interpretation service provider for the annual Governors’ Meetings of Soroptimist International of Europe since 2008, throughout Europe, and for the 2013 Congress in Berlin
- Interpretation service provider and Chief Interpreter for 12 meetings of the European Economic and Social Committee in Berlin since 2003
- Interpretation service provider and Chief Interpreter for the Franco-German Office for the Energy Transition in Germany since 2009
- Interpretation service provider and Chief Interpreter for 15 Tyco Security Trainings throughout Europe since 2011
- Interpretation service provider and Chief Interpreter, 8th World Congress of Metropolis in Berlin, May 2005 (40 interpreters)
- International Association of Conference Interpreters (AIIC)
- German Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Auswärtiges Amt)
- The Parliament of the Federal Republic of Germany (Deutscher Bundestag)
- European Central Bank (ECB)
- European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- European Patent Office (EPO)
Testimonials From Clients
We have been working with Calliope, and with Nathalie Pijollet in particular, for many years now, tasking her with providing interpretation for our annual Governors’ Meetings, which are attended by around 200 of our members. The interpreting teams are consistently professional, reliable and flexible, and we greatly value this collaboration.
I have worked with Calliope-Interpreters in numerous countries. The logistical aspect of the sessions has always been flawless and never a worry. The quality of the interpreters has been incredible! The same can be said for the personal service received for each session. I have used other services outside of Europe and have discovered that Calliope is the best by far.